Now Reading
French Prosecutors Request Rape Charges

French Prosecutors Request Rape Charges

French Prosecutors Request Rape Charges

French media outlets are reporting that prosecutors have requested rape charges be brought against director Benoît Jacquot in connection to assault allegations made by actresses Isild Le Besco and Julia Roy.

Jacquot was taken into police custody on Monday for questioning on those allegations as well as assault charges brought by filmmaker Judith Godrèche. According to reports, prosecutors have not yet pressed for charges in connection to Godrèche’s charges. Jacquot has denied all allegations of wrongdoing.

Godrèche filed her complaint against Jacquot in February, shortly after she began speaking publicly about her relationship with the Farewell, My Queen director in the 1980s, which she says began when she was 14-years-old and he was 40. In the wake of Godrèche’s revelations, Julia Roy filed a complaint for sexual assault against the director, and Isild le Besco filed a complaint for rape of a minor over 15 years old. The alleged assaults took place over a period between 1998 and 2007.

Jacquot was taken into police custody on Monday for questioning. Speaking to the media, Jacquot’s lawyer said he had been allowed to return home on Tuesday.

See Also
Author, UTA’s Jeremy Zimmer Mother Was 88

Director Jacques Doillon was also taken into police custody on Monday for questioning in a separate complaint filed by Godrèche, who accuses Doillon of abusive behavior during the making of his 1989 film The 15-Year-Old Girl, in which she starred. Doillon denies all allegations. Prosecutors have yet to make a decision on his case.

Copyright © MetaMedia™ Capital Inc, All right reserved

Scroll To Top